Contact us at Anchorage B&B, Rooms and Apartments
For information, a question or rates and availability just enter your email address and question. Avril always respond quickly.
CoronovirusCovid-19 Update - see below
Email Avril@AnchorageWells.com or
Text 07764 188875
You can book with just a couple of emails.
CORONOAVIRUS Covid-19 Update as of 26 March 2020 at 11.00hrs
I will update this as things change so if you have booked or thinking of booking please see below and email, text or message using the above any time. Please do not call, if you would like to talk I will call you back.
The most important thing is people stay safe, We are cancelling free of charge on any platform people booked for all the customers that have contacted us with notice and I will look forward to welcoming them again when things are safe.
- Our local MP advise https://twitter.com/duncancbaker/status/1242212325198831622/photo/1
- Also B&B closures from 25 March https://twitter.com/duncancbaker/status/1242763660671553537/photo/1
The overall picture across the coast, from Snettisham to Winterton, can be summarised as:
- Partner visitor centres, cafes, take away outlets, bird hides and the majority of car parks are closed
- Visitor numbers have dropped greatly since the weekend and now sites are experiencing very low numbers of people on paths, easily achieving the advised separation distance
- There is no pressure to close official or discretionary rights of way, and some views that it is very important to keep them open
- Leftleys and Coop still open and doing a great job of keeping the shelves stacked
- The petrol station next to coop ran out of petrol on the 21st March and have now had another delivery 23 March
- The Golden Fleece are doing ready meals from 27 March https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10158232068288086&set=gm.2991150050932604&type=3&theater&ifg=1
- Cafes Bars and restaurants now closed 23 March
- Holkham and The Council closed their car parks as of 23 Mar.
- The council are setting up a hub from 18 March of volunteers to help. 1st call for help 25 March.
- Fish and chip shops will close as of 24 March. The police were in there on Sunday congratulating them on how they were managing the situation.
- The Crab House closed and stopped takeaways from 23 March https://wellscrabhouse.co.uk/
- Other B&B's have closed 22 March although The Quay still has a Vacancy sign on the door and showing available along with the lifeboat on booking.com although they are closed.
- NCI Coastwatch closed on 18 March.
Things change daily but whether open or closed there will come a point where we need to continue to social isolate, so the steps I have taken to provide as safer environment as I can are as follows: -
- We have taken the tough decision that in the interest of everyones safety we are not taking any bookings for the next 12 weeks. Stay safe everyone.
- When we can welcome guests back we will do the following until its safe to do otherwise: -
- Only 2 rooms, 1 on each side of the house with their own private staircase will be occupied at any one time
- The apartment is in a building that you access from outdoor steps, so you are completely independent in a well equipped self catering apartment only a few steps from the harbour with your own parking opposite.
- I am doing a with or without discounted breakfast option for new bookings in the B&B.
- With breakfast will include a full English where possible and left on a tray in the nearest room (if I feel its safe to provide breakfast).
- ROOMS will be cleaned and changed, then left for 2 days where possible before you arrive to ensure it is clear of the virus
- I will not go in the room again until 2 days after you leave where possible.
- There will not be any social areas, dining room and lounge will be closed, all my rooms have comfy chairs or sofas and guests can use the guest terrace area
- We will relax our rule of no food in the B&B rooms and provide extra cleaning items plus any plates and utensils needed that you can wash as you go. I am allergic to fish, but it is not a problem if you clean and dispose of all rubbish and air the room.
- I do a SELF-CHECK-IN by email and text so that you have everything you need before you arrive and ensure a smooth, quick and easy check-in.
- I am always contactable by text, email and message via my website
- We have a separate entrance to the house so only the guests in two rooms on opposite sides of the house will be coming through the front door and accessing their own private staircase.
- There is a fridge in the dining room for sole use of Starboard or Top Deck rooms and a portable fridge on request for sole use for the Port room.
- I give discounts for longer durations which are not advertised, so please just message/email for details.
- All cafes, bars and restaurants are closed.
- Due to helping in the community I may change this approach as things change
- So far, I have refunded all bookings that wished to cancel who have all notified me with as much notice as possible. Some have even booked for the same dates next year :-). Thank you and we will look forward to welcoming you back.
- If you are concerned that you may not be able to travel it may be best to let me know to cancel the booking now and we can then rebook subject to availability when it is safe for you to travel.
- For new bookings there is a low deposit/booking fee of £50 which is non refundable and this will be taken off the balance when you arrive.
Maps and Directions on Find Us page, click here
28 Blackhorse Yard
14 Tunns Yard