Winter Warmers - Best rate in Wells in sought after location
Just Text 07764 188875, Email or use message box
07 to 22 Dec midweek 2 nights King Ensuite £80 per night, 3rd night £50
Lovely Harbour Apartment mid week 2 nights £250 total, Extra night £50pn
10% discount up to 31 Mar 3 nights midweek King,
15% discount 4 or more nights
offers excl busy dates
Seals Experience, learn their behaviour and the best places to see them Nov to Jan from your host a marine mammal medic
Thursford Christmas Spectacular 20 mins away, £85 per night midweek 08 Nov to 23 Dec
or Santas Magical Journey availability from 25 Nov Top Deck King with adjoining single room aged over 09 years £125 per night 2 adults and 1 child per night
Partial Harbour View £15 per night.
Please text or email, No calls please, no children under 11 or dogs any age (unfortunately).
Offers are subject to availability, exclude busy dates and not applied retrospectively - just text or msg Avril
Text 07764 188875
Anchorage Wells Rooms: -
28 Blackhorse Yard, Wells-next-the-Sea, NR23 1BN
Anchorage Wells Harbour Apartment : -
14 Tunns Yard, Wells-next-the-Sea, NR23 1DF
Booking is easy with just an email, text, message or reserve it by entering your dates and Avril will email a quote
We offer the best rate direct
If you see us on booking.com it is a better rate if you book direct by email, text or using the contact box below
Some availability is only available Direct
Rates are still lower than last year and the best in Wells
See Offers and Rates Page for the latest availability
Guests Love our Location.
4 Comfortable Peaceful King Ensuites,
Partial Harbour Sea-Views
and a Lovely Modern 1 Bedroom Apartment with Parking
AnchorageWells is: -
Peaceful and Relaxing
Comfortable king beds
Covid Clean, Safe and Contactless
Some rooms with partial habour seaviews
Great Walks on your door step map/guides
In an Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty,
Marsh, Pine Woods and Natural Harbour
Voted Best Beach in Britain.
Close to award winning restaurants
Fibre Optic Wifi
Eco friendly and focused on sustainability
Guests love our location in Wells-next-the-Sea in peaceful harbour yards, an easy flat 2 to 5 minutes walk to the shops, cafes, award winning restaurants, butchers, bakers, deli etc and a short walk to probably the best beach in Britain, Wells and Holkham. There is a lot to see and do around our beautiful coast and safe haven harbour, you don't need to walk far to be away from everyone and enjoy the fresh air, freedom, peace and amazing wild-life. Once you have parked the car you can leave it there and enjoy this wonderful part of the North Norfolk coast.
Click here to see my BREAKFAST delivery service
Booking is easy
with just a couple of emails or text and Avril will email all the info.
You can check availability by entering your date in the box above, this will not book, Avril will email info.
See my page for Wells-next-the-Seals to see a bit about some of our seal rescues
We can help you plan a great day out
on our beautiful coast - whatever the weather, recommending the best walks, pubs and restaurants or maybe a trip out to see seals (an amazing experience boat trip), around 4000 pups born this season. See Wells-next-the-Seals page to see some seal rescue and seal family pictures :-)
On your check in text we will offer to meet on your first morning, whenever it is possible, to help you plan you stay to make the most of your time on our amazing coast.
For new bookings there is a low deposit/booking fee of £100 which is non-refundable except for cancellation due to government lockdown advise to not travel for your dates or if we need to close due to Covid. It will be taken off the balance when you pay on arrival or we will move the dates for you. This way you are paying only a deposit until you arrive and it won’t cost you anything if the government advises that travel is not possible.
About our Rooms and Apartments - Pictures
All our doubles are king size with a nautical theme and oak or shabby chic furnishings on bed, breakfast, self catering or discounted without breakfast during peak season or we are not able to serve breakfast.
Most check-in days during this summer will be on a Monday for 4 nights or on a Friday for 3 nights. In off peak we do less nights.
The Port King En-suite room has 2 comfortable chairs, good sized flat screen TV, its own private staircase and large window where you have a partial harbour and street view where you can see the sun rise. We have extended the en-suite to include a walk in shower and feature pebble wall with round de-misting mirror light. The other side of the room looks out onto our quiet terrace and yard. There is a supplement to reserve this room. We have now added a fridge with icebox to this room. This room is nice and light and slighly bigger than the other 2 king rooms Starboard and Well Deck.
The Starboard king en-suite room with the best quality king bed is traditionally furnished in oak and is accessed via a Norfolk Winder staircase built into a former chimney with stairs steeper than normal. It is 3 x 3.5 meters small to medium sized room with an older style ensuite 2 x 2.5m and step into water saving shower (the power shower had to be removed to be awarded our sustainability badge). It has a good sized flat screen TV and a small sofa or 2 cushioned chairs.
The Well Deck king en-suite room, renovated this winter, is on the ground floor measuring 3 x 3.5 meters. Featuring spot lights and reading lights. It has a long 3 meter narrow .8 meter wide en-suite with a walk in shower and pebble feature wall with round de-misting mirror light. The ground floor window looks onto our quiet yard front terrace that can be made private for Well Deck use on request.
Our Top deck attic family suite is a favourite with many of our guests and has 2 separate bedrooms and en-suite shower room. It has a king bed in the main room, 2 single beds (one full size and the other 2.6 feet and just above floor level) in a separate cabin style room and is all built into the sloping attic roof. This room is accessed by 2 flights of a Norfolk Winder staircase with stairs steeper than normal. There is a low doorway between the rooms, a sofa, fridge with icebox, a sitting area and dual aspect partial view of the Harbour, Blakeney and Holkham pine trees. See the sun set on one side and the sun rise on the other.
There is full head height clearance of 6 foot 5 inches through the middle of the rooms and 6 foot 2 inches in a part of the shower (the rest of the shower is sloping). Full height in the rest of the en-suite.
The top deck is suitable for 2 adults, or 2 adults and 1 or 2 children over 11 years. Great if your child wants to sleep in a separate room.
Or it can be used as 2 single rooms sharing the en-suite for 2 adults that want to sleep in separate rooms.
Supplements apply to reserve this room and for extra people or making up extra beds.
Your Own Entrance
You will have your own entrance from the front terrace and porch that is used for boots and outdoor gear. This leads into the guests dining room that has a fridge with fresh milk for your tea and coffee. You can also use it for storing your snacks and chilling drinks.
From the dining room the two staircases are accessed for the 3 guests rooms and an entrance into our area at the back making the front of the house exclusive for guests so that you can come and go as you please without disturbing anyone. The dining is closed until it is safe to open as it is too small to social distance. It is only used to access the rooms or the Guests own fridge.
We do not accept dogs in the B&B. 1 small to medium dog may be accepted in the apartment if agreed with Avril before booking (and not after) as conditions apply.The Harbour Apartment is a couple of minutes walk from the B&B, closer to the quay and just a few steps from the harbour. It is a lovely 1st floor 1 bedroom modern apartment with king bed, shower room, well equipped kitchenette, lounge diner, comfy lounge and shared terrace with a partial sea-view of the harbour where you can take the outdoor table and chairs to watch the fishing boats go by.
The good sized parking space is opposite.
Free Wifi - unlimited broadband currently has a very good spead. Due to Wells getting so busy we do not guarentee it and advise guests to not rely on it for heavy downloads such as netflix. We have the best wifi available but still get regular drop outs that probably doesn't happen in main towns. It is also a BT wifi hotspot for free wifi and there is a good vodafone signal.
Rates and check-in days on request by email although you can check if it is available by entering your date in the box at the top of this page. We ask that the apartment is left as found.
1 small to medium dog may be accepted if agreed with Avril before booking (and not after) as conditions apply, such as leaving the apartment with no trace of dogs... unlike most other accommodation providers. See more about the dog policy below. We are not accepting dogs due to the extra time needed on changeovers but please enquire for off peak times.The shared terrace at the front has partial views of the harbour just a few yards from you and there is a bench that you can use on the terrace and watch the world go by including the fishing and leisure boats and wildlife that come to life when the tide comes in.
To ensure a quick, easy and smooth check in we email the information 1 to 2 days before arrival. If you haven't received this by the day of your arrival email Avril as you will need the information to check-in.
- Our check-in time is between 4 and 5pm (moves to 5 and 6pm at peak times). If you would like earlier or later just let me know when booking, although this is not guarenteed and we do not charge..
- Text Avril before 9.30am on arrival day with your estimated arrival time and I will reply with the door code.
- Please text and not call as calls often don't come through but I always receive text and and reply quickly.
- If you have difficulty with text or need assistance with check-in it is important to let me know and I am only a text away.
- The key will be in the box in the porch for the hour you arranged to arrive. It is then removed for security purposes.
- There will be check in notes and guest informtion book in your room so that you have all of the information you need for a lovely stay. Avril will be available and reply to text if you need any further info.
- We use text as it is the most reliable form of communication, I always receive texts and reply quick. Calls often dont come through. You need to text me as my number does not change and it ensures I text the code to the right person.
- Check-in Time Change - if you are going to be late. The key is removed for security purposes to prevent night check ins and deturbance to other guests. Late check ins must be arranged.
- We plan many activities around Anchorage Wells, including activities in the community as I am a Coast Watch keeper, marine mammal medic on call for seal rescue and a harbour commissioner, so please let me know with as much notice as possible if it changes as the key will be removed for security purposes.
- During covid we are offering takeaway breakfast at £6 per day, a great picnic breakfast. Subject to demand.
- We do not accept bookings with a night check-in if it is your first time with us.
Early check-ins are free of charge but cannot be guarenteed as it will depend on the previous bookings, maintenance that might be needed or planned and turning the rooms around on the day.
I do like to do early check-ins so that you can get your bearings, so please advise this when booking. Then text with your arrival time before 9am so that I can reply with the code in the afternooon and confirm when the room will be ready. If I dont hear in time it will be ready for 5 to 6pm as people often change their minds.
Its nice to receive a text when you have checked in and when you check out.
Check-out is by 9.30. Sometimes later on request which can sometimes be arranged if you text Avril the day before departure.
Rates and Supplements
- You can check availability and see rates by entering your date in the search box above. This will not book the room. Avril will hold the room and email the information. The room will be released within 24 hours if you do not reply.
- We prefer email and always give a quick response as I cannot always get to the phone when with guests or working around the B&B. I also answer text quickly.
- We use a number of reservation sites but the best price is always by booking direct with us by email. We are the best price on booking.com for a king room in a comparable area as we are a small independent B&B running just 2 to 3 rooms as efficiently as possible whilst providing a friendly, homely, clean and comfortable experience for our guests.
- Rates range from £85 in low season to £120 in high season.
- Saturday nights is a minimum of 2 nights and in holidays it is a minimum of 3 or 4 nights except where less nights can be fitted in with other bookings. The apartment is a minimum of 7 nights in peak season.
- There is a supplement for 1 night stays from £5 when they are available which is rare
- Prices based on two adults in a king bed. It is £20 to £30 per extra person in single beds.
- Port has a supplement of £10 and the top deck suite has a £15 supplement per night (as it is 2 rooms sleeping 4).
- 2 people can book the whole top deck and have a king and single in separate rooms at £10 per night (the person in the single cabin style room must see the pictures before booking). Great for 2 people travelling together but want separate sleeping rooms.
- Rooms are booked with breakfast, or discounted room only without breakfast, or on self catering in the apartment.
Deposit and Payment
For new bookings there is a low deposit/booking fee of £100 which is non-refundable except for cancellation due to government advise to not travel for your dates and it will be taken off the balance when you pay on arrival or we will move the dates for you. This way you are paying only a deposit until you arrive and it won’t cost you anything if the government advises that travel is not possible.
The outstanding amount can be paid by cash on arrival or, if you want to do this by bank transfer it needs to be done at the same time as the deposit. This is so that I only have 1 bank transfer to follow up on.
- CANCELLATIONS: A special
cancellation policy is in place at the moment, if you decide not to travel
it will only cost the £100 deposit, although, out of curtesy I hope that
guests will give us more than a couple of weeks or as much notice as
possible so that it can be booked by someone else.
- PAYMENT: The outstanding
amount is due by Cash on arrival that will be placed in an envelope and
put in a safe place for us to pick up
- If you would like to pay the
full amount by bank transfer it will be due with the deposit at the time
of booking so that there is just one transaction and subject to normal
cancellation fees, which is now non refundable. We do not accept bank transfer at a later
- For you, cash on arrival
means that you don’t need to worry about paying before you actually arrive
which is then too late for us to accept a bank transfer. For us,
cash on arrival means that we don’t need to worry about refunding if there
is another lockdown or we have to close.
See the Covid-19 updates for bookings during this difficult time and to see our local updates.
Sorry no dogs during these strange times when there is extra cleaning needed as there is no time for extra cleaning after dogs (even though we ask it is left with no trace of dog).
Enquire about the below for off peak times as we are no longer able to complete a changeover after a dog in peak times.
We accept 1 small to medium dog in our apartment if you give us the dog details and check with us BEFORE booking. We will not accept a dog if you have already booked. This is clearly stated on all booking systems.
We do not charge fees for dogs as we ask you to agree to leave the apartment with no trace of dog, as clean as, as found, and you all accept the dog policy. This policy is working well so far as it means we can continue to take dogs in our apartment and have had some lovely dogs and their owners stay with us. Sorry we can no longer take dogs in the B&B. The dog policy may seem strict but it is only what we expect to do when staying with our well travelled pointer.
Dog Policy: -
We love dogs, but most accommodation providers do not accept them so please help us to continue to take dogs in the apartment by you all complying to the below:-
- Avril is allergic to dogs, so we can only accept them if you can leave the apartment as found by removing all traces of dog and airing the room as much as possible. For this reason we are not charging a fee for dogs.
- Dogs are not allowed on the furniture or on the bed (Dido can always tell)
- You will bring their own bedding, towels and utensils
- A dog will never be left alone in the apartment
- The grounds or parking space will not be used for toileting and all areas including the steps and porch will be left clean
- A minimum of £50 will be charged, for any trace of dog and then each instance for extra cleaning where needed Or the cost of replacement. (its really important for you to let me know before the check-out day so that any issues can be resolved). We may arrange to view the apartment before check out.
- If either of you don’t agree with anything on here I hope it is something we can resolve, if not I will release the reservation per the policy.