In Wells-next-the-Sea, the B&B is 3 minutes walk to the harbour and and the apartment is even closer, a few steps from the sea in the harbour.
We are ideally located in quiet yards, easy flat 3 to 5 minutes walk to the shops, cafes, restaurants, butchers, bakers, deli etc and a short walk to probably the best beach in Britain, Wells and Holkham. There is a lot to see and do around our beautiful coast and safe haven harbour, you don't need to walk far to be away from everyone and enjoy the fresh air, freedom and amazing wild-life. Once you have parked the car you can leave it there and enjoy this wonderful part of the North Norfolk coast.In the middle of the North Norfolk Coastal Path with every village between Hunstanton and Cromer easily accessible by bus.
1.5 miles from Holkham, 6 miles to Blakeney and Brancaster. Aprox 12 miles to Cley and Titchwell bird centres.
28 Blackhorse Yard,
Text 07764 188875
Anchorage Harbour Apartment
14 Tunns Yard,
DirectionsClick on the Mapbelow
- There is no parking in Blackhorse Yard and it is not suitable for motor vehicles.
- Anchorage B&B is at the Freeman Street end of Wells and not Theatre Street end
- Set your satnav for NR23 1FD and not our post code or Blackhorse Yard as it will direct you into the yard sign posted as not suitable for motor vehicles and at the wrong end. This postcode will make it easier to find parking as below.
- Directions From the A149
- Follow the A149 around past the top of Wells until you see Holkham Road the B1105. When you arrive at Wells the road goes round to the left and then sharply to the right (fields and horses on your left then right). Just after this you will see the sharp right turn onto Holkham Road sign posted to the beach and carparks with a picture of a coach.
- Take this right turn onto Holkham Road which is a sharp right hand bend that almost double backs onto yourself. This road then comes onto Freeman Street the B1105.
- Pass the first car park on your left as this is short stay only.
- When you come to the houses start to look for a parking space along the road (avoiding yellow lines).
- Pass Blackhorse Yard on your right but do not turn into it, just after Brigg Square.
- Continue along Freeman Street until you get to the Crab House.
- If you havn’t found a space go into the car park called Stearmans Yard on your right.
- Stearmans Yard car park is only a 3 minute walk which is free between 1800 and 0800 during which time people usually get parked on Freeman Street.
- Please park up and come to check-in so that I can give you more information.
- Turn left out of the car park. When you walk into Blackhorse Yard we are the 2nd house on your left which is green.
- Harbour Apartment: -
- For the Apartment follow the above but go straight past the Streamans Yard car park and when you get to the Harbour you will see Tunns Yard on your right
- Within 3 or 4 meters you will see the apartment on your right and the parking space on your left
- The padlock key for the space is with the front door key that you will get by Text when you arranged your arrival time that morning