In Wells-next-the-Sea, the B&B is 3 minutes walk to the harbour and and the apartment is even closer, a few steps from the sea in the harbour.
We are ideally located in quiet yards, easy flat 3 to 5 minutes walk to the shops, cafes, restaurants, butchers, bakers, deli etc and a short walk to probably the best beach in Britain, Wells and Holkham. There is a lot to see and do around our beautiful coast and safe haven harbour, you don't need to walk far to be away from everyone and enjoy the fresh air, freedom and amazing wild-life. Once you have parked the car you can leave it there and enjoy this wonderful part of the North Norfolk coast.In the middle of the North Norfolk Coastal Path with every village between Hunstanton and Cromer easily accessible by bus.
1.5 miles from Holkham, 6 miles to Blakeney and Brancaster. Aprox 12 miles to Cley and Titchwell bird centres.
28 Blackhorse Yard,
Text 07764 188875
Anchorage Harbour Apartment
14 Tunns Yard,
- The apartment has 1 good sized parking space opposite
- There is no parking in Blackhorse Yard at the B&B and it is not suitable for motor vehicles but my guests park free on Freeman Street nearby. It does get busy, so follow my tips and directions and you will find parking.
- Anchorage B&B is at the Freeman Street end of Wells and not Theatre Street end
- Set your satnav for NR23 1FD and not our post code or Blackhorse Yard as it will direct you into the yard sign posted as not suitable for motor vehicles and at the wrong end. This postcode will make it easier to find parking as below.
- Directions From the A149
- Follow the A149 around past the top of Wells until you see Holkham Road the B1105. When you arrive at Wells the road goes round to the left and then sharply to the right (fields and horses on your left then right). Just after this you will see the sharp right turn onto Holkham Road sign posted to the beach and carparks with a picture of a coach.
- Take this right turn onto Holkham Road which is a sharp right hand bend that almost double backs onto yourself. This road then comes onto Freeman Street the B1105.
- Pass the first car park on your left as this is short stay only.
- When you come to the houses start to look for a parking space along the road (avoiding yellow lines).
- Pass Blackhorse Yard on your right but do not turn into it, just after Brigg Square.
- Continue along Freeman Street until you get to the Crab House.
- If you havn’t found a space go into the car park called Stearmans Yard on your right.
- Stearmans Yard car park is only a 3 minute walk which is free between 1800 and 0800 during which time people usually get parked on Freeman Street.
- Please park up and come to check-in so that I can give you more information.
- Turn left out of the car park. When you walk into Blackhorse Yard we are the 2nd house on your left which is green.
- Harbour Apartment: -
- For the Apartment follow the above but go straight past the Streamans Yard car park and when you get to the Harbour you will see Tunns Yard on your right
- Within 3 or 4 meters you will see the apartment on your right and the parking space on your left
- The padlock key for the space is with the front door key that you will get by Text when you arranged your arrival time that morning
The Harbour apartment has a parking space opposite.
Parking at the B&B is not available for the next few months due to refurbishment. We advertise NO parking.
If you follow the directions that I send with your confirmation you will find it easier to find the parking space or best car park mentioned below.
All of my guests have used free parking for most of their stay when they have parked and left it there. I recommend that you park your car and leave it and using the public transport as you will have problems parking whereever you go on this coast. We are within easy walking distance of everything in Wells.
On street parking is available nearby. Do not drive through our Blackhorse Yard as there is no parking in Blackhorse Yard and it is not suitable for motor vehicles. Freeman Street is only a few yards away and the car park is a 3 minute walk which is free between 1800 and 0800 hours during which time people usually get parked on Freeman Street when day trippers and workers have gone home.
Please do not park in Merchants House which is a different Bed and Breakfast.