Covid-19 Update as of 25 Aug 21
Firstly, we wish you, your families, friends and colleagues well during these strange times. Our thoughts are with all of those that have suffered during this difficult time.
We are continuing with the same Covid cleaning policy and conditions as agreed at the time of booking, such as stripping the bed and cleaning the room, that has helped guests feel safe staying with us and reduced the risks for us to do changeovers enabling us to stay open for our guests. Even if you are double vaccinated, we are very exposed doing a changeover and we don’t have staff to be isolated. The full list will be in your room, but if you have any questions about these, please let me know as it’s really important that we work thru this together to protect others.
Although some of these things are no longer law it is still government and accommodation provider reccommendations.
It was great to be welcoming guests this summer, we have had a lot of good feedback on our safety covid measures. We will continue to keep you, future guests, others and us as safe as possible so that you can enjoy some time in our amazing Wells.
Please leave only your footprints!
- Following the updates and government guidance I will update the below as things change.
COVID CLEANING POLICY, DAMAGES, and housekeeping: -
- To strip the bed and leave everything as clean as found is a condition of booking, so that it is safe for me to do the changeover, therefore safe for the next guests as it will be for you. Please check this list before you leave. I appreciate that not everyone is doing all of these things, but from feedback and experience this is how I feel comfortable being open and guests feel comfortable and safe staying with us.
- Additional Covid requirements may be applied or services may be affected
- Mask wearing update - if there is anyone in any room or the porch, guests must allow them to exit before you enter so that masks are not needed. If any guest is not happy with this I will text all guests to ask them to wear masks in these areas and excemptions will not be accepted.
- Participation/compliance in the test and trace program is a condition of booking, and downloading the NHS app (if you can)
- There will be a print of the Covid-19 requirements in your room.
- We will be taking regular lateral flow tests to ensure it is safe for us to change the rooms on check-in days
- We will not go in your room or the B&B again until departures, unless by arrangement.
- We prefer that no food is brought into the B&B but understand that this will happen, so please, due to allergies ensure that no traces of food is left anywhere and the room is well aired at all times. Even the smell of fish can cause a chemical allergic reaction and risk of cross contamination is high - so please let me know if you have any concerns about this. We may request to view the room before departure.
- Damages deposit – we will ask for a damages deposit and will charge for extra cleaning which includes beverage and food stains, even if found after departure. So, please do let us know as we do understand that accidents will happen.
- This may be a cheque for £100 left in a safe place on arrival that will be refunded after departure. Details will be your check-in email 2 days before arrival.
- Rapid Lateral Flow Tests - We will now be doing a self Covid-19 test on the morning that we do changeovers
- This means that if I test positive I will need to inform the guests that left on the last changeovers and make arrangements for the next changeover due that day.
- Although Covid-19 is transmitted thru particles in the air there can be some of this left in rooms that I spend some time cleaning. For this reason I will be reminding guests to leave the bathroom and room clean of anything that could pass on the desease and all windows left open.
- It is a booking conditions that you will participate in test and trace program and accept the Covid-19 and Cleaning policy outlined below.
- Our Covid-19 Cleaning policy, terms and conditions will remain the same for 2021 so that everyone is aware of what is expected before they book.
- There have been a lot of compliments on our safety cleaning policies and a lot of brilliant guests. Just a few guests that didn’t like being given the lists and commented that they didn’t need to do as much in hotels, but please remember that we are a very small B&B, not a hotel, I do not have staff that can be isolated, I would have to close the B&B and cancel all bookings. We have to do what we feel comfortable with to keep everyone safe and cannot compromise on this. Therefore, I ask that if anyone is not happy with our covid cleaning policy that they cancel, request that it is free of charge and I hope to see them another time.
- You will need to download the NHS covid app, if you can, before arriving at AnchorageWells and the QR code is deplayed at the entrance so that you can check in. We registered on the app on 24 Sep 20
- Social Distancing and Face Coverings: -
- Please allow anyone in the porch, dining room or on the stairs to EXIT before you enter those areas
- If we all allow anyone in the porch, dining room or on the stairs to EXIT before you enter those areas,masks are not needed. If a guests is not comfortable with this please let me know and the following will be applied informing all guests that masks must be worn in these areas and non mask wearing will not be accepted and entry will be refused. The porch has CCTV.
- The dining room is still closed. There are 2 areas on the front terrace that you are welcome to use. Extra chairs, blankets and cushions can be taken out from the the porch and returned at night.
- BREAKFAST - click breakfast for info and terms for our trial of breakfast delivery of hot sandwich/bap and other choices. We have not continued this during peak time as guests are preferring to go to the many lovely places locally. We will start to serve breakfast again when we feel it is safe to do so and will start up the takeaway breakfast when there is demand for it again.
- Social distancing in the B&B is easy: In the B&B, when you go thru the front door which is used for guests and not by us, there is a staircase to the left for Port and Well Deck rooms and another staircase to the right for Starboard room. There is then another staircase outside Starboard for Top Deck. You literally only use the same front door and then go to totally separate areas accessing your room from different staircases.
- We have a separate entrance to the house so only guests will be coming through the front door to access their own private staircase
- We have locked the access from the B&B to our area so that we only access it from the front and do not access the B&B accept to change rooms.
- We do not do changeovers while guests are here and we do not go in again rooms until departure.
- The apartment is in a separate building that you access from outdoor steps, so you are completely independent in a well-equipped self-catering apartment only a few steps from the harbour with your own parking opposite
- Check-in time is now 1700 to 1800 hours and Check-out is by 9.30 to allow for changeover and any routine maintenance that must be done on those days when it is so busy. Check ins cannot start while we are still coming and going. We will confirm when it will be ready when you text on the day.
- We can occasionally manage an early checkin so please do let me know your arrival time on your text as I do try to finish the rooms a little earlier for guests when I can but I wont know until that afternoon.
- WINTER Daylight CHECK-IN Special – I will be doing an early check where possible and free of charge so that people can arrive while there is still some day light. Your information will still say that we are not doing early check ins and you will need to text early – this is only because I cannot guarantee it but have managed it for all those that have requested it so far.
- CHECK-IN: I already do SELF-CHECK-IN, now called contactless check-in, by email and text which many guests have said is working well and nice and easy. You will have all the info you need by email the day before you arrive to ensure a smooth, quick and easy check-in and check-out. Then you just need to text me at around 9 to 10am in the morning of arrival day for the key code. If you don’t text early your check in could be delayed. I will reply to confirm what time your room will be ready. Guests have said how easy check in has been.
- With the new processes we rely on text and email, so please reply to Avril’s text and emails so that we can speak to you direct and you have our details stored should you need anything while you are here.
- I am always contactable by text 07764 188875, email Avril@AnchorageWells.com and message via my website and I am quick to respond wherever I am – sometimes even when on a seal rescue.
- Please do not turn up early than the time arranged. You cannot access the accommodation before as we may still be coming and going and would not be able to stay safe.
- The Apartment parking can be made available early and sometimes for after checkout, but only be arrangement. Request this when booking.
- We do not go in the rooms or the B&B again until departure except by arrangements for maintenance. We are always contactable by text.
- All rooms have access to a fridge. This is on the room descriptions. No Fish, shellfish or meat.
- Top Deck has its own fridge with an ice box.
- There will be no shared facilities, so if you need anything extra we are happy to put this in your room, please let us know on the check in email reply. Please do not leave it to the arrival day or while you are here as, to keep everyone safe, we only access the B&B for emergencies and scheduled maintenance where possible.
- There is a couple of glasses, mugs, and tea spoons in your room, which must all be left clean so that they are rested for the next guests. If you need anything else please let me know before arrival day.
- To ensure we remain Covid free and we can keep the accommodation open for you and all our future bookings we may not see you during your stay unless we meet you as we come and go on the front terrace. Our area is locked off at the back. When we are not here there are local checks, emergency cover and we are not far away. We use text so that you can contact us any time.
- Cushions and the drinks tray etc (a fresh small amount in each room) have been arranged in your room.
- During this busy time most eating places are fully booked due to reduced capacity. I strongly reccommend that you book before you arrive and you will receive a link to mine and guests reccommended fooderies with your confirmation.
- DEPOSIT: For new bookings and until further notice there is a low deposit of £100 which is only refundable if the government advise that I cannot let the property or I need to cancel, which I have not done so far, but this is always an option in these uncertain times. It will be taken off the balance when you arrive.
- PAYMENT: The outstanding amount can be paid on arrival by cash that will be placed in an envelope and put in a safe place for us to pick up. We leave it to rest before we open the envelope.
- If you want to pay the balance by bank transfer the full amount is due as the same time as the deposit (so that the full amount is in one transaction) and normal cancellation fees will apply and it will need to be done at the same time as the deposit so that there is only one transaction. I would reccommend insurance if you book where you are paying up front.
- CANCELLATIONS: A special cancellation policy is in place at the moment, if you decide not to travel it will only cost the £100 deposit, although, out of curtesy I hope that guests will give us at least a couple of weeks or as much notice as possible so that it can be booked by someone else.
- If we were closed due to Covid or I became infected we will cancel all bookings free of charge or move the dates, depending on which is preferred by you, the guest. Sorry we do not refund the deposit if you need to isolate.
- We are doing out utmost to stay safe and ensure we can stay open for our future bookings, now knowing how important it is for people to get away from it all and visit the seaside, this is why we need your help to stay clear of the virus and ensuring that everyone is safe by leaving everyting as clean as found
Please refer to your cancellation policy on booking.com when you booked and be aware of the following notes as we want to ensure that guests don’t have to worry about receiving a refund if they need to cancel due to Covid. But, out of curtesy guests should allow the accommodation to be released as soon as possible if you know that might need to cancel.
- If you are aware that you are in Tier 3 at the time of booking please cancel within 4 hours of booking as we will not approve a refund by booking.com at a later date
- If you are placed into a tier that prevents travel after booking please cancel and ask booking.com for a full refund as soon as possible. Sorry I will not approve the refund if you do not cancel straight away.
- If we need to close due to Covid we will ask you to cancel on booking.com and then we will ask and approve booking.com to give a full refund.
CLEANING AND DAMAGES POLCY, COVID 19 REQUIREMENTS and housekeeping: -
- After reviewing, undergoing several training sessions, completing risk assessments and looking at the government and leading accommodation providers recommendations and guidelines we are putting the below in place for the safety of our guests. Accepting these is a condition of booking for everyones safetly. It is really important for our guests and future bookings that all of the below are undertaken by every guests so that it is safe for me to do the rooms. I am not concerned for myself, but I am concerned for my guests, colleagues and to be able to stay open for future bookings.
- We will not go in your room or the B&B again until departures, unless by arrangement with yourself. If you need anything in your room please tell us before the check-in day.
- The lounge and dining room are closed and only used to access the staircases for your rooms or the fridge.
- If there is anyone in any of those rooms, the porch or the stairs, please stand back and allow them to exit before entering. This way we will not need masks/face coverings, although we reccommend that you wear them in all public areas.
- Guests are asked to leave everything as clean as found in all used rooms
- Please be mindful to ensure everything is left as clean as found, the duvet cover, sheet, pillow cases and towels are placed in the laundry bag provied, everything is cleaned, bin bags replaced and no traces of anything, including soap, tooth paste or drinks splashes or food crumbs, is left in any room, trays or bathroom so that I can focus on deeper cleaning, cleansing, changing everything and then an extra cleanse. Particular concern has been toothpaste, soap splashes and food crumbs/spills - please check before you leave. I am working with some extremely vulnerable people and need to ensure that they, you or I and future bookings are not put at risk. There will be a print of the Covid-19 requirements in your room. I am not concerned for myself, but I do not have staff that can be isolated, I am just concerned for others that I will be in contact with and to be able to ensure we dont have to cancel peoples long deserved and awaited holidays. As the scientists have said - you cannot risk just yourself as it will put others at risk.
- Cleansing - Please wipe down high footfall surfaces on arrival and departure with your own preferred products. Cleaning products are provided but bringing your own preferred products is an industry reccommended guideline.
- Laundry, Cups Glasses, bins etc – all of these must be left clean and as found
- We prefer that no food is brought into the B&B but understand that this will happen, so please, due to allergies ensure that no traces of food are left anywhere and the room is well aired at all times. This is important due to allergies, (even the smell of fish can cause a chemical allergic reaction) and risk of cross contamination - so please let me know if you have any concerns about this. We may request to view the room before departure.
- Damages deposit – we will ask for a damages deposit if we feel it is needed and will charge for extra cleaning which includes beverage and food stains, evenif found after departure. So, please do let us know as we do understand that accidents will happen.
Email Avril@AnchorageWells.com or
Text 07764 188875
Booking is easy with just a couple of emails.
OR check availability and reserve on my system by Clicking HERE and I will email all of the details to book.
For information, a question or rates and availability just enter your email address and question. Avril always respond quickly.
See my page Coronovirus Covid-19 Update
Email Avril@AnchorageWells.com or
Text 07764 188875
Booking is easy with just a couple of emails.
OR check availability and reserve on my system by Clicking HERE and I will email all of the details to book and arrange deposit to secure.