Thank you for booking with us at AnchorageWells
KEY BOX CODE
DIRECTIONS AND PARKING
ABOUT THE APARTMENT or LODGE
CANCELLATION and TRAVEL INSURANCE
DIRECTIONS and PARKING
- The directions to the Lodge at 28 Blackhorse yard are on the Directions tab
- It’s easier to find if you follow my directions and not your satnav which will bring you into Wells the wrong way. Even if you know Wells as this is how people have tried to get into the wrong property..
- The directions for the AnchorageWells Harbour Apartment, 14 Tunns Yard, Wells-next-the-Sea, NR23 1DF (owned by us at AnchorageWells in Blackhorse Yard, but do not drive into Blackhorse yard as its not suitable for motors) will be sent along with the check in information before arrival.
- The parking space is opposite the apartment and is chained off but not locked.
- It is best accessed by reversing in as many of the historic yards are narrow. But it is a good sized space and we are privileged to have a parking space so close to the harbour sea front.
SELF-CHECK-IN – CONTACTLESS
- The Apartment will be ready by 4.30pm.
- EARLY CHECK-IN REQUESTS will not be possible during this time.
- Please do not turn up early as the apartment and key may not be ready.
- Check-out is 9.30 to 10am
- LATE CHECKOUT is not available during this time as a time slot is booked for the changeover.
PARKING and DIRECTIONS
The parking space may be available earlier or for longer by arrangement by email direct to the property at least 2 or more days before arrival.
Our WIFI availability has been 99.99% available but it is not guaranteed and we say it is not suitable for streaming as it often depends on the set up of guests device or affected by the high volume of visitors in Wells. Occasionally the router or extenders need rebooting so we rely on guests to tell us if there is a problem with the signal and we test regularly.
ABOUT THE APARTMENT
Just a bit of info about the apartment: It is booked on a self-catering basis and not at AnchorageWells Rooms house around the corner.
A few steps from the harbour, it is a lovely modern 1-bedroom 1st floor apartment accessed by 1 flight of outdoor steps and has a shared front terrace area that is directly onto the historic yard only about 20 yards from the harbour entrance. With a comfy king bed (as reviews), lounge, well equipped kitchen diner that has a dishwasher, table, chairs and a sofa. It overlooks the terrace at the front, parking spaces and roof tops.
The shared terrace at the front of the property that is directly onto the historic yard, with a bench where you have a partial harbour view, a great spot to watch the world go by and see fishing boats coming in.
WHAT is INCLUDED
• It is standard practice to list the things that are included and not the things that are NOT included, so if there is something in particular you have not seen please contact the property DIRECT and not via booking.com.
- We do not access the property or service during your stay. See the contacts in your check in email.
We recommend that you book places to eat as some, such as our award winning Crab House, as they are full up to 6 weeks in advance for peak times. There is a list on my website for my guests favourite fooderies on https://www.anchoragewells.com/fooderies, copy the link into a browser and we will update it as and when we find out about changes.
CANCELLATION and TRAVEL INURANCE
- Please refer to your cancellation policy on booking.com when you booked and be aware of the following notes. Out of curtesy guests should allow the accommodation to be released as soon as possible if you know you might need to cancel.
- If we need to close or cancel we will ask you to cancel on booking.com and then we will ask and approve booking.com to give a full refund. We do our utmost to protect your booking.
- TRAVEL INSURANCE – We recommend that you take out travel cancellation insurance.
- Insurance policies are available from around £15 which works out less if you take out multiple trip cover
- If you are concerned about the cancellation policy, please enquire about AnchorageWells direct cancellation policy.
We have been awarded the sustainability flag as we are environmentally aware and focused on sustainability, always looking at ways to reduce the amount of water, energy and plastics that we are using. Much of this awareness has come from my travels and past experiences and is about helping the environment and the future and not just saving on the increasing costs which has also become important at this time. We will not leave the heating on before arrival, so that you can turn it on when you arrive or when needed. There are also extra heaters available that can be used on request.
Please help by turning down thermostats and off when not needed, turning off lights and electrics such as extractor fans and towel rails while you are out or they are not in use. Usage is being monitored to help us make further informed changes and many things are automated and manageable by us via Wifi. There is a recycling bin for clean plastic and glass with no bags that can go in the green bin by the parking space. Please crush all landfill and other rubbish and leave in tied bags. No bags or anything dirty can go in the green recycling bin.
This information is listed under headers so that you can select the information that you want to see as we appreciate some people do not want the detail and others want as much as possible. It may be SUPERSEDED or repeated on the contactless self-check in email.
There is a folder with all the information in the apartment.